Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Rather Overdue Apology

I can't believe the last time I blogged (before today) was back in November! I definitely have not kept up the "blogging at least once a week". Funny though, I titled this blog "Forget me not", and yet, in the past few months, I feel like I have forgotten. That past sentence was supposed to have something specific that I had forgotten, but as I paused to find the right words, I realized that there are a number of phrases that belonged in that place. I've forgotten what it feels like to walk to school, and the way the hallways smell. I've forgotten why I cared so much what letter I got on that all-important piece of paper, and why it mattered so much that I wasn't as pretty/smart/funny/talented as so many others. I have forgotten.

I was about to say I had forgotten myself, who I had been in highschool. But then it came back: I was a mimik, a shape shifter, a very insecure teenager trying to be anything and everything she saw that was good. I'm still like that, I'm sure. I still irritate myself by how quickly I pick up the habits of others, and how easily I fall into fads. But, I suppose, I'll grow out of that.

So, the point of this being, I'll try to blog more, so much as for you as for myself.

No comments: