Friday, November 30, 2007

A million twinkling lights

There are a millions twinkling lights, and a thousand beating hearts, and a hundred glowng spirits. And yet we all are in hiding. WE hide behind ourselves, our own problems, our beautiful buildings, our psycology. Why can't we see what is staring us right in the face? Why do we not care? Why do we ignore the cries of the oppressed? Why do we trample upon the faces of those starving, those in slavary, those in poverty. Do we even know what it is like to live for something, let alone DIE for something? We will work for things.. yes. We will work for a better house, a nicer car, and a nicer sofa set to put in our house. And yet I am so much a part of it. I like nice things, and nice clothes, and buying CD's. Not that those are bad things. But how, HOW can I do those things when innocent children die EVERY DAY from preventable causes? I disgust myself. I am so ashamed to call myself a follower of Jesus. Jesus would not be living as I am... no...

No comments: